The system assessment team supports engineering specialist in the assessment of capabilities and limitations of the Missile Defense System (MDS) to enable well informed decisions. The candidate will work closely with Missile Defense Systems Elements engineering staff, other functional groups, and data analyst to deliver high quality and accurate information to facilitate decisions by the highest level of MDA leadership and Geographical Commanders. Ensure system under test is correctly characterized, capabilities and limitations accurately documented and understood.
• Develop plans and requirements to support testing and assessments of glide phase intercept and hypersonic missile development
• Assess technical performance for flight and ground test analysis
• Provide recommendations on the additions and improvements of the Missile Defense Systems
• Candidate must be familiar with Air and Missile Defense concepts
• Candidate must be familiar with the MDS
• Candidate must have experience in requirements development, development of verification objectives, and development of test objectives, support the Joint Analysis Team (JAT) and serve as system engineering interface to external teams.
• Contributes to and may lead the planning and implementation of large programs in the function, and regularly interfaces with senior management and executive leadership.
• Plays a role in overall functional strategic planning.
. Master’s degree (STEM-engineering, math, science, or Information Technology)
. 12+ years experience in engineering for missile defense related programs.
. Active US Secret clearance (TS/SCI preferred).
• Ability to plan and to execute required support, develop clear and concise written products, and present MDS technical matters to MDA senior leaders and MDA warfighter working group meetings in support of MDA/System Assessment.
• Applicable experience includes Ballistic Missile Defense, Missile Defense System, Integrated Air and Missile Defense, Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Homeland Defense, THAAD, AEGIS BMD, C2BMC, Hypersonic Missile Defense, System-level Engineering Analysis, Architecture Assessment, Threat Analysis, International Engineering
• Ability to create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders for external organizations
• Demonstrate understanding of system architecture and system
• Ability to think critically (i.e., research, understand, analyze, synthesize and critique)
• Experience with missiles interceptors, hypersonic/RF/Radar Sensors, detection/tracking, hypersonic vehicles.
• Familiarity and experience with the GMD Weapons System